Will donating eggs now interfere with me having my own children later on?
- There is no evidence to suggest that donating eggs has a negative effect on ovarian reserve or impairs future fertility. Every month a small number of eggs are activated from the reserve pool. The egg donation process utilizes only those eggs that have been activated during the particular month.
Will I have side-effects from the medication?
- It is common for women to experience symptoms similar to their menstrual cycle. The injectable hormones are similar to the ones your body produces naturally. At your initial clinic visit, we will review potential side effects and risks of donation in detail.
How much time does the whole process take?
- We aim to complete the screening process within 30 days. One donation cycle takes approximately two weeks from start to finish.
How often will I have to miss work or class?
- Not very often. Typically you only need to be excused for the initial clinic visit to determine eligibility and the day of the egg retrieval. The remainder of appointments can be conducted by phone or early in the morning (from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.) to minimize the time spent away from your normal day to day life.
Do I get to choose which office I go to?
- You can be monitored at any RMA Network clinic. We also can work with other healthcare providers outside our regional area during the monitoring of your cycle.
Who covers the financial costs associated with being an egg donor?
- All costs for your medical care will be covered by the RMA Network. Upon completion of a cycle, you will be compensated for your time and effort each time you donate.
How does the donation compensation work?
- Upon completion of each egg donation cycle, you may be compensated up to $10,000 for your time and effort. Of course, the sense of fulfillment you'll receive from giving the gift of life is priceless.
Can I donate more than once?
- Yes, as long as the Ovatures team approves you to donate again, you may donate a total of six times in your lifetime. Most of our donors choose to do multiple donations. You may be eligible to start another cycle immediately following your next period.
What information about me is shared with the recipients?
- Safe, successful, and anonymous care is critical. The Ovatures team goes to great lengths to protect your anonymity during and after your cycle. Recipients review only basic information such as physical characteristics, ethnicity, health history, and other non-identifying information. You can choose to provide an adult or baby picture if you like.
If I refer a friend, is there a referral bonus?
- Absolutely. It’s simple to do - refer a friend, and if she donates, you get paid for the referral.
- Your friend will need to let the Ovatures team know that you referred her, and we will take care of the rest. Share this experience with your friends, and you both win!